This event has already happened, but if you register after the fact via the links below, you can still view the full replay at the same place on Crowdcast.
Have you ever wanted to listen in as literary journal editors discuss and choose pieces for publication? Do you want to better understand how to get more acceptances and fewer rejections when you are submitting your own work to literary journals?
Then join us on March 14, 2021, for SAND’s first-ever editorial webinars in poetry and prose.
Listen in live and ask questions in real-time as SAND’s prose and poetry editors pull back the curtain on topics like these:
- What are editors really looking for in submissions?
- Why do certain pieces stand out in a submissions pile and get published?
- Why do other pieces never make it on to the next round of consideration?
- Are pieces edited before publication, and how does that process even work?
- How can I use this knowledge to increase my chances of getting published in literary journals like SAND?
- And more…
SAND poetry editors Crista Siglin and Emma C Lawson will lead the poetry edition of our webinars, and fiction editor Ashley Moore and creative nonfiction editor Melissa Richer will lead the prose edition:
- Poetry: 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. CET, March 14, 2021
- Prose: 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. CET, March 14, 2021
Participants writing in multiple genres are invited to attend both live events: each webinar will be specific to the genre with little overlap in content. Can’t make it to the live event? No worries. Everyone who signs up will be sent a link to the recorded replay of the webinar, which can be watched at any time.
Because we believe in accessibility and know that many creatives are hurting thanks to the events of 2020 and 2021, we’re offering tickets on a sliding scale. Pay what you can or pay what you want, whether that’s €5 or €20.
Learn more and register here on Crowdcast:
We hope you’ll join us for our editorial webinars on March 14 and look forward to seeing you then.