Want to be part of a creative, motivated group of people and play
an active role in shaping Berlin’s growing English literary scene?
We are a collaborative team driven by our passion for literature and art.
Social Media Coordinators
SAND is searching for two new Social Media Editors to join our collaborative team and create and implement SAND’s social media strategy, working closely with our events, website, editorial and outreach teams. You will manage our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube), posting regularly and corresponding with SAND’s community around the world. Your main focus will be building our public image, spreading our call for submissions, growing our social channels, and curating interesting, relevant social media content for the ever-growing SAND community.
Applications due by August 9th.
Want to be part of a creative, motivated group of people and play an active role in shaping Berlin’s growing English literary scene? Join the SAND team as one of our two Social Media Coordinators. We’re looking for someone who has a passion for social media and storytelling, an understanding of Berlin’s literary scene and international English-language literature (and art), and a knack for creating content that speaks to our global readership.
You should have most of the following:
- Native-level English
- A passion for writing and a knowledge of the indie literary magazine world
- A talent for creating interesting, exciting and engaging content (text, photo, video)
- An interest in growing SAND’s local and global community
- Experience with social media platforms (specifically Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Knowledge of image editing and/or video editing software, or interest in learning
- Knowledge of social media analytics and management tools
- A motivated, positive, and outgoing attitude
- A weekly time commitment of approx. 4 hours per week, and a flexible schedule
Tasks to be shared amongst our two Social Media Coordinators will include:
- Creating content for all social media platforms and a weekly social media calendar
- Collaborating with our outreach, events, and editorial teams to promote original SAND-related content, our events, and our contributors
- Engaging with other social media content via our account and responding to occasional PMs/DMs
- Growing SAND’s online community
- Contributing feature ideas
- Pushing digital communication surrounding launch events and reaching out for support in promotion
- Providing updates on social media analytics and news at each monthly team meeting, which is at 7:30pm on the first Thursday of the month
What’s in it for you?
- A valuable experience collaborating with a great team of people to produce a beautiful journal
- A lot of creative freedom and the ability to experiment with campaign ideas and different types of content
- The opportunity to partake in all SAND editorial meetings and play an integral role in shaping the upcoming issue
- An honorarium payment as a member of the SAND team, payable on the completion of the twice-annual issue period, and subject to our funding situation
To apply, please send an email with the subject line: Social Media Coordinator job application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following:
- Cover letter
- Samples of previous social media accounts/campaigns as attachments in PDF
- Three sample posts in PDF, including links, that you would hypothetically post as SAND – one for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- If you were Social Media Coordinator for SAND, which indie magazine social accounts would you like to emulate, and why? (provide 5 examples)
All applications are due by August 9th.