Want to be part of a creative, motivated group of people and play an active role in shaping Berlin’s growing English literary scene?
We are an all-volunteer team driven by our passion for literature and art.
SAND is searching for an Event Coordinator to take full responsibility for events and tasks from concept to implementation – namely our biannual launch party plus smaller events throughout the year.
Want to be part of a creative, motivated group of people and play an active role in shaping Berlin’s growing English literary scene? Join the SAND team as one of our Event Coordinators. We're looking for a people person who has their finger on the pulse of Berlin’s social scene and can think fast on their feet – someone exceptionally organized, committed, reliable, and preferably with some weekday availability.
You should have at least some of the following:
- Fluent English and conversational German
- Some familiarity with event supplies and logistics
- A knack for making events work financially (our events raise money to cover our magazine’s costs)
- A talent for creating a fun and lively atmosphere at events
- Some amateur crowd psychology
- The ability to mind-read social media
- An appreciation for writing and literature
- Enthusiasm and inspiration about new ideas
- A sense of what is actually realistic
- A basic knowledge of Berlin venues, events, and its cultural scene
Tasks will include:
- Organizing two launch parties and two smaller events per year together with your Event Coordinator partner
- Booking event spaces and performing artists
- Onsite main point of contact for all organizational aspects of each event
- Working alongside our Communication & Outreach team while overseeing and conducting event promotion
- Assisting in the development of new and existing event concepts
- Developing and monitoring event budgets
- Snacking and getting to know the team at monthly team meetings
- General problem-solving
As with all SAND positions, this position itself is unpaid, though it may help connect you with paid opportunities in the future. The weekly time commitment is approximately 4 hours. The reward is a beautiful journal and collaboration with a great team of people.
To apply, please send an email with your CV and cover letter as attachments in PDF format to email@example.com